The Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA) gives the subsequent journey pointers for this holiday weekend:
Travel off-peak while heading to and from the Eastern Shore. The nice instances to tour the Bay Bridge this weekend consist of:
– Thursday – before 10 a.M. And after 10 p.M.
– Friday – earlier than 10 a.M. And after 10 p.M.
– Saturday – earlier than 7 a.M. And after 5 p.M.
– Sunday – before 10 a.M. And after 10 p.M.
– Memorial Day Monday – before 10 a.M. And after 10 p.M.
Motorists should remain on US 50 to keep neighborhood roadways open for first responders and citizens.
Let Us Feed You Bay Bridge Traffic Updates!
For real-time updates on site visitors and, most important, incidents, comply with us on Twitter at twitter.Com/TheMDTA. Could you find us on Facebook at fb.Com/TheMDTA? To view real-time visitors’ digicam pix on MDTA roadways, visit mdta.Maryland.Gov. Call 1-877-BAYSPAN (229-7726) for twenty-four/7 Bay Bridge traffic conditions.
– Visit baybridge.Com to view visitors cameras
– To join up for email/text indicators or view actual-time site visitors digital camera pictures on MDTA roadways, go to mdta.Maryland.Gov
– Get there faster with E-ZPass! Visit ezpassmd.Com to sign up online and list E-ZPass “On the Go” retail locations.
– Consider the Intercounty Connector (ICC)/MD 2 hundred and I-ninety-five Express Toll Lanes (ETL) in Baltimore during your excursion travels. Visit maryland.Gov for toll prices.
Keeping site visitors moving as accurately and efficaciously as viable is the MDTA’s priority. The MDTA Police will stay vigilant and goal competitive and impaired drivers, seatbelt violators, and criminal activity. Additional MDTA Police patrols may be searching for impaired drivers at Maryland toll centers throughout the vacation weekend.
For your SAFETY and the SAFETY of different motorists and emergency personnel:
– Buckle Up! Every Seat. Every Time.
– Devote your full attention to driving – it’s miles illegal to text and uses handheld cell phones while using in Maryland.
– Keep your eyes on the street – do not sight-see.
– Do now not tailgate – maintain a safe following distance.
– Obey published pace limits and overhead lane-control indicators.
– Avoid changing lanes even as journeying over bridges and thru tunnels.
– Headlights are always required on the Bay Bridge.
– If your car will become disabled, stay inner and contact #77 for assistance.
– When contacting a dispatch middle, motorists ought to be organized to provide:
The vicinity of the emergency;
A name-lower back cellphone wide variety; and
Details of the incident/disabled automobile or different situations.
– State regulation requires automobiles to transport over while approaching an emergency, transportation, carrier and utility vehicle or tow truck with pink, yellow or amber flashing lights if you cannot move over, gradual down.