Mark your calendar for October 2-4 and be part of us for the 2019 MTB Tourism Symposium in Whistler’s Creekside Village.
Whistler has lengthy been at the leading fringe of mountain motorbike tourism and activity and will provide an excellent backdrop as we delve into the many critical topics facing the more comprehensive mountain cycling network. Mountain biking has grown to be a good-sized travel motivator that currently generates over $70 million yearly in vacationer spending within the Sea to Sky Corridor alone. Riders from around the world are stimulated to go to British Columbia and experience our ample trails. This, in flip, has created new monetary possibilities for groups all through the province.
This 12 months’ symposium will focus on the growth of mountain cycling and its method for destiny. Many areas face challenges with the ability and funding a good way to manage and hold trails correctly. Join us in Whistler and be a part of the answer for a sustainable mountain bike tourism sector. The symposium brings stakeholders collectively to proportion their enjoy and quality practices. Delegates encompass non-earnings path associations, destination advertising businesses, motorbike enterprise representatives, event manufacturers, land managers, network and park planners, professional path developers, travel media, content creators, educators, and authorities representatives. Be part of the dialogue and learn from establishing sustainable procedures to mountain motorcycle pastime and tourism development.
We are proud to announce that Trailforks is this yr’s name sponsor. Trailforks is powering exchange in outdoor exercise with the aid of offering robust trail records for trail customers and land managers around the globe. They will be sharing insights on how to get the maximum out of their recreation changing technology.
Call for presenters
We are searching for dynamic, engaging, and informed presenters for the 2019 Symposium. If you’ve got a subject you would like to present or recommend for a panel discussion, please e-mail martin@mbta.Ca with a brief description.
The subject matter categories that we’re maximumly interested in for 2019 are:
• Sustainable procedures for mountain bike activity and tourism
• Trail management and investment models
• Working collaboratively / strategic partnerships
• Inclusivity / encouraging diversity / youngsters engagement
• Climate alternate impacts / Wildfire control / Wildlife control
• New possibilities / traits / case studies
Registration will open June 1st
The symposium offers superb value to delegates. When you check-in for the total discussion, the subsequent is protected:
• 2 full days of classes presenting knowledgeable and pleasing speakers and shows
• Breakfast and lunch on every day of the symposium sessions (Thursday and Friday)
• Welcome reception and other social events (Wednesday and Thursday evenings)
• Pre-symposium Trail constructing workshop (Tuesday and Wednesday; restrained spots available)
• Guided rides on a number of the great trails in the province
• A hazard to win notable prizes